It’s Bill Rapp, the Mortgage Viking here with the Heartfelt & Hot In Houston Blog. Here are 3 Steps to Stage Your Home for a Fast Sale!
If you want to sell your home fast and for the most money the market will pay, it needs to be “staged” properly. Staging a home is more than just moving around some furniture. Here’s the step-by-step process for staging the INSIDE and OUTSIDE of your home:
STEP #1: Assess Your Current Situation.
Identify what improvements need to be made for a speedy sale. To assess the inside of your home, jot down a list of rooms that need to be cleared out and freshened up. Then create a second list for the outside of your home. Start by looking at these two areas on the outside:
* Take a walk across the street from the home. Examine the curb appeal of the home.
* Get into your car and start driving away from your home. Look back and make notes about what looks good, and what needs improvement.
STEP #2: Eliminate Clutter.
The key to making a home attractive to a buyer is getting rid of clutter. Make counters clear, get rid of pictures on the wall and tables, store excess furniture if necessary, put books in boxes. You’ll be doing this for your move – you may just need to do some of it a little early.
Here’s a checklist to get started:
* Clear away kitchen and bathroom counters.
* Re-arrange furniture so rooms look larger. Store old furniture or cluttered items in another location -- at least while the home is for sale.
* Get rid of as many “personal” things as you can. Buyers have a hard time visualizing “their” new home with personal belongings everywhere.
* Get all the clutter out of the yard…
STEP #3: Spruce the Home Up Before Showing.
Make improvements to the home, but only where it will make the biggest difference to the sales price. Getting the biggest bang for your buck usually means getting a fresh coat of paint on strategic walls and areas. New paint is an inexpensive way to show a home in its best condition.
* Check the paint condition of the INTERIOR of a home by removing pictures off walls. It will probably need painting. Remember to get inside painting done first, before any cleaning.
* Check the paint condition of the entire EXTERIOR of the home. If it's pealing or worn, the buyer will notice it immediately. Don't devalue your home by trying to sell it in poor paint condition. Pay particular attention to the front door, mailbox, garage doors, and walkway areas. These are where the buyers will be walking and noticing problems.
Also consider the following items to attract buyers with quality offers:
* Professional Cleaning. Get a professional firm in to CLEAN the entire home. Floors, ceilings, windows, fireplace, carpet, drapes -- everything! Also, check for ODORS. If you have a pet, your home probably needs to have carpets cleaned or deodorized. Any odors make a home less attractive.
* Home Inspection. Check for termites and functional obsolescence. Many homeowners actually have their home inspected prior to putting it on the market. It makes a good impression to the buyers when you have your own inspection completed by an independent company. It will also save embarrassing situations with buyers who discover problems.
* Landscaping. The landscaping should look immaculate. Make sure the lawn is groomed, flower beds are clean, leaves are removed, and weeds are pulled. Check the bushes and trees for grooming also.
STEP #4: Show the Home In the Best Light.
Always turn on the LIGHTS when showing. Make sure you turn on all lights around the home before a buyer gets there.
Homes that sell the fastest also sell for the most money! If you want to get Top Dollar for your home, beyond staging your home properly, it needs to be priced correctly.
That is all for today folks, if you like this video please like my channel and share this video: https://youtu.be/BD9Y8XLN-L8
Make it a great day!
If you are seriously considering moving right now you need to take action right now and talk to a reputable Real Estate & Mortgage Broker today, please call 281-222-0433 or visit: